Our babies

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Asher is 1 month old

A letter to my son:

Dear Asher,
       It is hard to believe that one month has gone by already.  A lot of changed this past month, but I wouldn't have wanted it any other way.  You are a true blessing in my life and Daddy's too.  I think back to the first day we brought you home. I was nervous I would break you.  You slept a lot and didn't do anything.  Not that I expected you to run circles around me, I just didn't realize how little you would be and how little you would do and how many diapers you would go through. 
       When we finally had time alone, once all the visitors left (thank you to all of you by the way), I spent the time watching you sleep.  I loved to watch the faces you make as you would dream. 
       We go for about two walks a day with Rex. You love walks.  If you are fussy, you calm down and fall right to sleep the minute we hit the sidewalk. You and Rex are going to be best buds when you're older.  Rex is a cool dog and is definitely your protector.  He often stands/sits by your side and gets anxious and upset when visitors get too close to you.  He did paw your head once and felt extremely bad about it.  You cried a little but were fine. 
       Asher, you have always been a great sleeper.  I think we have had only a handful of nights where I didn't get much sleep...and you didn't either.  For the most part you sleep in 3-5 hours stretches at night.  Lately I have fed you right before Daddy and I went to bed, then you woke up once in the night to be fed, and then I fed you when we woke up.  I like this system and I hope it continues. The best part at night is you eat, then you fall right back asleep again.  The way you like sleep makes me think how perfect you are for Daddy and I who also like sleep. 
     Now you are 1 month old!  You are finally filling out your newborn clothes. YAY! You are still in NB diapers, but I think you will be moving up soon. You have a bit of a belly on you....I love it!  My heart melts when you lock eyes with mine.  This has been a new thing you started this past week.  You used to just look here, there, and everywhere.  Now you look right into my eyes.  You smile and laugh when you are awake.  I am not sure what you are looking at or thinking of, but I like it.  I look forward to when I can make you smile and laugh. Your hair is still adorable - not quite a fohawk like it was in the beginning because it is getting long.  With that being said, I love washing your hair in the bath because you get a head full of curls.  I am not sure which parent you got that from, but I hope it stays. 
     I hope the next month doesn't go by so fast, but if it does, I will have hundreds of pictures to look at and remind me of how little you once were (as I am sure you will grow a lot).  This month there are around 500 pictures of you. Some of them mine, some family, half of them are from your first photo shoot.  I know I won't take that many as time goes on, but you are so photogenic and cute (you get that from me). :)
     Daddy and I love you and can't wait to see what you will do next!
                                                              Love,
                                                              Mom

This was 6 days old. I put this in so you could see how much Asher's grown.

Asher is 1 month old!!

He is trying to tell me to stop taking pictures.  This past month we have heard his scream more and know his lungs are nice and healthy.

Aunt Missy gave Asher an outfit for every month.  This was month 1.

He also wore this coming home from the hospital.  I took it because it is the only NB outfit we had....it didn't fit very well did it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment