Our babies

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Mike's blog update!

We're approaching month 1 of this whole baby thing. Observations written by Mike:
1. Asher is a chick magnet. He could be very useful for a guy trying to get attention from the ladies.
2. Asher is already approaching my propensity for loud, stinky farts. We don't need a paternity test; Every time he rips one, everyone clearly sees the resemblance.
3. My mom, Sarah, and Mandy's mom, Karen, are more excited about us having a baby than we are. We all knew Karen was dying for a grandchild and since we knew Missy and Jon weren't gonna come through, it was up to us to give her a beautiful grandchild. And Sarah appears to be the only person I've ever met who has fun changing diapers; I guess a 20+ year break was enough for her.
4. Mandy is a great mom. I'd say in the first month, Mandy has probably taken care of Asher 95% of the time. All day every day, and all night. I just show up when he's in a good mood, change a diaper or two every day, and wait for him to do something like spit-up or start crying so that I can look at Mandy and say, "What do I do?! Here, take him!" And Mandy NEVER complains!
5. Rex has changed. Maybe it has to do with Mandy being home all the time, but Rex has definitely toned down the "I want attention NOW" attitude he used to have. He has also growled and snapped at a few people who make a sudden movement in Asher's direction. We're trying to teach Rex to settle down when it comes to those things.
6. Having a baby is fairly boring in the first few months. Asher can be extremely entertaining because his facial expressions are crazy, but he can't talk or laugh, he can't play catch, and he is completely unamused by all of my antics, which is both uncommon and sad for me.
7. Asher loves to party. He has been a real trooper every time we go out to a restaurant or someplace public (Don't worry, we don't go to crowded places). At Buffalo Wild Wings, he was totally mesmerized by all the lights and sounds.

We had a professional photographer come last week; here are some of my favorite pictures from it:
One of Asher's most common faces.
Mandy made me put this up. Also, this is just before he crapped on me. It was so warm.
In case you were wondering, yes I was holding a treat to get Rex's attention

It was really tough to get him to sit and stay in the right place. Sorry Rex!

Sleeping is our favorite.

My beautiful wife holding Asher, who is practicing air-violin.
Ok bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment