Our babies

Sunday, March 2, 2014

My babies are growing too fast!

We had a pretty good week I would say. We went to the doctor on Friday (both Ayla and myself had check-ups). I thanked Dr. Sockrider again for a great delivery. She mentioned that she just had that gut feeling that Ayla should be delivered on the 14th. She knew it was a surprise to us and early, but she just had the feeling. I am glad she did. She mentioned again that the cord was wrapped tightly around Ayla's chest a few times, arm and neck. I guess another doctor that was in assistanting even said that it could have been a bad situation. I am so thankful we found Dr. Sockrider. I tell people this often: find a doctor that you trust - one that follows your morals and values - trust them in their decision because they are the professional. We could have argued with Dr. Sockrider. She even said on the 14th that if we really don't want to deliver, I could choose to go in the hospital on bed rest. But when we asked her what she thought we should do, she wanted to get Ayla out of there. So glad we did!
       Ayla had her 2 week check-up on Friday as well. This little peanut now weighs 6lbs 3oz. She gained almost a full pound since leaving the hospital! She is growing like she is supposed to (I think she may surpass her big brother sooner than later). She has a clogged tear duct, but that is no big deal. Dr. Atchison says she is just perfect. :) It is always a relief to hear this at 2 weeks and all of the first few check-ups. The hospital sends you home telling you to take care of this new child. The only thing I can really do for her is dress her and keep her warm, feed her, and make sure she is pooping and peeing. Whoa, that leaves a lot of room for other things. As a mom I doubt myself - is she eating enough, is her diaper wet enough, is she warm enough, am I holding her too much. Even the second time around (which is a little easier, but I still have crazy thoughts) I need reassurance I am doing okay. When we go to the doctor and find out she is healthy and on track it is such a wave of relief. I can relax and know to keep doing what I am doing. We found Dr. Atchison and really all the doctors at Mid-City pediatrics after coming from a wonderful doctor in Missouri. The pediatrician is another person you need to trust and be on the same page with your morals and values. Before leaving the dr., we asked about going out with the baby. I am getting stir crazy and I want to show her off! :) Dr. Atchison told us it probably wasn't the best thing right now. RSV is going around as well as the end of flu season. She said to avoid large crowds and if we have to take Ayla with us to make sure the car seat was covered and  that people weren't breathing on her or touching her. I have had friends that think this is crazy, that it really wouldn't matter. But we trust our doctor. They are the professional - not me! So as much as I don't want to stay home, I will listen and obey. :) Don't get me wrong, we will sneak out here and there for short day outings, but we will do our best to avoid large crowds.
             As Ayla turned two weeks old Friday, Asher turns 23 months today! Wow! I almost have a two year old! Then a little bit of panic set in and I realized I need to figure out what to do for his birthday. :) Asher is talking more and more. He is speaking in short sentences and definitely knows what he wants! He is still in size 3 diapers, size 6 shoes, and wears mostly 18m clothes (although he can fit into 12m and some 24m clothes). Asher LOVES playing with cars and trains. Daddy got some hot wheel tracks and they zoom cars on them a lot. His best friend is Ollie. They love each other. I didn't realize kids form friendships that early, but it is cute to see him get excited about playing with Ollie. Favorite foods right now: grapes, mac'n'cheese, popcorn, Danimal yogurt smoothies, pretzels. Asher likes to read books and is very picky about the books we read before bedtime. I would say his favorite movies are Cars and Cars 2. He just discovered Bo on the Go! He exercises with the characters to get his energy up. :) Asher is a great big brother. He helps me clean up his toys so I can vacuum. He throws things away for me. He brings me my water if I am holding Ayla and get get up easily. He likes to help.

Here are some pics that our friend Tiffany took for us along with some of Asher playing this month.
I love all the wrinkles

It was difficult getting pics with Asher. He wasn't sure he wanted to participate. We did get a few good ones.

proud big brother

This is an accurate picture of our family.


We have one just like this with Asher. Someday it will be in Mike's OSU mancave, but for now it will go on our OSU wall of pics

Every now and again, Asher wanted to come around and love on his sister. 

Daddy and his baby girl


Starbucks date with Mama

Car track fun!

We had a snow/ice storm. We went out and played in it.

 Park fun with friends!



He hasn't tried to climb out, but he has tried to climb in.
Ayla was sleeping so I got to cuddle with my little buddy.




Our first outing to the doctor!




No comments:

Post a Comment