Our babies

Sunday, February 16, 2014

Family of four

We are now a family of four! What a whirlwind weekend for the White family (say that five times fast). Let's start from the beginning.

As you know, I have had low amniotic fluid with this pregnancy. At my 35 week check-up I was told that if my levels reach 8 or below, the baby is coming out. We went to the doctor for my 37 week check-up on Friday, February 14. I felt good going in. We had a lot of snow days so I had plenty of time to rest and drink water. Ultrasound looked good! My levels were at a 10! Woohoo! That was a huge sigh of relief. We were waiting for the doctor talking about our plans for the weekend. Dr. Sockrider came in and said, "Well, you're having a baby today." WHAT!?!?! I had done my homework! What is this all about? Baby hadn't grown in the last two weeks...at all. She said it means I had intrauterine growth restriction. My placenta was the cause of this again. Okay, was she sure though? Yeah, Sockrider was very confident (time is 10:15am). She said that we needed to head downstairs to labor and delivery because she bumped the noon c-section and we were taking the place. HOLY COW! There was no time to go home and get our bags. We called our parents and Tiffany (she was watching Asher) and we went downstairs. The next 90 minutes went by really fast. They started IVs, took blood, asked questions and got me ready. We were rolling down to the operating room around 11:45. Ayla Louise White was born at 12:03pm. She was 5lbs 10.6oz. 18in long.  Mike was able to watch the delivery over the curtain. Kind of crazy if you ask me. Well let me just say this. God was with us on Friday. Sockrider said Ayla was wrapped pretty good with her cord. It was around her neck a few times and around her body. She has a bruise on her arm from the cord. Both Sockrider and the pediatrician said it was a good thing we delivered today. A few more days and it could have been a different story. I don't even want to think about that.

So that is the story of our little Valentine baby. We are still processing a lot of this because it all happened to quickly. We are so thankful for Tiffany, Bob and Elena. Tiffany and Bob had Asher all day on Friday. What was supposed to be few hours of babysitting during our appointment turned into an all day affair. Tiffany also took awesome pictures for us to capture this exciting day. Elena volunteered to sleep on our futon so Mike could stay at the hospital with me. She got Asher ready the next day and gave him some extra needed attention. Our family had plans of being here, but when Ayla changed those plans, these friends stepped up to the challenge. Not sure what we would have done without them. Words can't express our gratitude.

Here are some pics of our exciting weekend. There are more to come but this will have to do for now. This Mama is tired. :)

Getting checked in! 36weeks 6 days!

 Let's get this party started!!













Making sure she is in there okay.


Our new family of four.

Keeping his sister safe on the ride home.

No comments:

Post a Comment