Our babies

Tuesday, September 15, 2015

3 kids, 2 parents, 1 month down

So a month has come and gone with our newest little buddy, Kelvin. We are adjusting as a family of 5 very well. Kelvin is doing great! He strongly resembles an old man and has the gas to go with it. We are going around 3-5 hours at night between feedings.  I feel very rested - but every now and again Mike tells me I am not rested and must go take a nap. I don't know if I should be offended by that but I listen and feel a million times better when I wake up. So thank you husband. A few weeks back, Kelvin weighed 7lbs 10oz so I am guessing we are well in the 8lbs range. We have ventured out more and more. We have been going up to church for our Tuesday and Thursday volunteering. The kids love being back in their rooms and I keep Kelvin either strapped to me or in a bouncy while I do light work. I was itching to get back around other adults, and this is the perfect place for me to do just that. I joined a Bible Study on Wednesday mornings, so that is one more thing to add to our week. All these are great because it is only for a few hours, but we get out of the house and interact with others.

Ayla is doing better at being a big sister. She helps with the pacifier and likes to point/poke at all of Kelvin's body parts. She is still very much a Daddy's girl and if Mike is hold Kelvin, he must hold Ayla as well. He is strong, so he can handle it. Ayla had her 18 month check up when Kelvin had his 2 week check up. Ayla weighs 20 lbs (she seems so much bigger). Her head is still enormous and in the high 80th percentile while her body is in the 10-15th percentile. She is starting to slow down with the eating and is becoming more picky. This girl is like her mama and loves ranch dressing. She dips everything in it! That's my girl! She is rocking 12m and 18m clothes and just moved up to size 5 shoe. We are in size 3 diapers, but she is showing signs that she is ready to be potty trained. I am not quite ready for that, but I think it will be soon.

Asher is the big brother and takes such good care of Kelvin. Now if he were only that sweet to Ayla. We are dealing with a new attitude with him and that keeping us on our toes. It shows us that he is definitely growing up and super smart.  He has started trying to 'work the system' if you know what I mean. Bedtime and pretty much any routine he stretches out or tries something new to get away with. But he is a great helper around the house. He loves playing outside and is very creative in his play.  Right now his favorite thing is 'the cheese I get to open by myself' or BabyBel cheese.  He is still a very picky eater but will eat grapes, bananas, peanut butter and jelly, chicken nuggets, mac n cheese, grilled cheese and lunchables. He finally decided he liked the meat in lunchables! I know it isn't real meat, but it is progress for us. He is rocking some 18m, 24m and 2t clothes. His little waist is so skinny that he can wear the same shorts he wore two summers ago! We just moved up to size 8 shoes and he calls his tennis shoes "running and jumping shoes" because that is what he does when he wears them. He LOVES going to church and Bible study during the week and always tells me what he has learned. There is definitely a sense of pride coming from him when he tells me about his day.

Here are some pics of what we have been up to. I have found (like most people) the amount of pics I take of Kelvin is minimal compared to the other two. Asher has numerous pics taken daily. Ayla usually had one picture taken a day. Kelvin gets a few a week.


So the first week home, we did a lot of sitting around. Whites returned to Chicago and Mike went back to work. We had picnic lunches in the living room and played outside. We did the best we could with me not at 100%.











The second week, we started taking short and slow walks. It felt great to get back out there!



Ayla wanted to sit like Kelvin does in my lap.




Children's place has pjs that I can get in all the kids' sizes. I have two sets now.


Ayla is obsessed with Asher's bike helmet.




Mom made a trip down on Labor day weekend. She hogged Kelvin, but it was nice taking one kid off my plate for a few days. Kelvin also decided to give himself tons of hickies on his arms, so we are working on using a pacifier. He still isn't super thrilled, but it is better than black and blue arms.


Borrowed this from Aunt Missy. Crazy thing, but we like it!




First trip to church! We had a car full!

We got a date night while Mom was here. Only gone for an hour, but it was needed!




At church...we work well together.

These are our family pics. I decided against newborn pics because I wanted more family and sibling pictures. As you can see, I have blue eyed babies.






I have a pic from our engagement, wedding and Asher's 1 year of us walking away. One day I will have a wall of pics that will show us, "walking through life" together.












 Days of devliery: Asher, Ayla, and Kelvin.






First pic with my babies:  Asher, Ayla, and  Kelvin



Same outfit: Asher (4 days), Ayla (1month), Kelvin (few weeks)


 Hospital pics: Asher, Ayla, Kelvin



One month pics: Asher, Ayla, Kelvin



Asher, Ayla, Kelvin


As you can see, Asher always had the most hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment